The design of this building is the result of an iterative and collaborative process. Our team has worked throughout the previous application process to address feedback from City of Toronto staff, members of the local community and Councillor Doucette to achieve a built form that respects the neighbourhood and responds to planning policies. The revised design for the expanded site maintains the same built form principles and streetscaping opportunities.
Our Consultation Process:
- December 2013 – September 2015 — Consultation with community and City, resulting in approval for 8-storey mixed use building, at 2978 Dundas St. West.
- March 22, 2016 — Initial presentation of expanded and revised design to Junction BIA and West Toronto Junction Historical Society representatives.
- Revisions to elevations and retail treatment based on feedback.
- March 29, 2016 — Pre-application consultation meeting with the community held at West Toronto Baptist Church, 3049 Dundas Street West.
- Review of laneway traffic, unit mix, and other issues raised by community.
- April 5, 2016 — Submitted to the City of Toronto for Rezoning
Next Steps (Anticipated timing below is subject to change)
- Mid-2016 — Community Consultation meeting (TBD); notice will be sent by City
- 2016-2017 — Site Plan Review process
- Early-2018 — Construction start
- Late 2019 — Construction complete